Easy Interfaces That Empower Your Hospice
mumms offers add-on modules, some never before seen in the hospice industry, to further enhance Hummingbird’s core program. Many of these modules are available to meet specialized needs such as:
- 3rd party interfaces to eliminate dual entry
- Palliative Care, Community Bereavement, Private Duty, and other programs you want to work separately from your hospice
mumms Additional Billing Modules
mumms provides automatic billing functions for non-hospice programs including palliative care, private duty, community bereavement, and many others. Patients can be billed for these specialized services in addition to the hospice benefits.
- Palliative Care Program This program is designed for palliative care patients. All palliative care visits are tracked and billed to Medicare Part B or other appropriate carriers.
- Private Duty Program This program is available for recording and billing patient visits not covered under the hospice or palliative care benefits. This program is slightly different as patients may receive and be billed for these services while currently in hospice or palliative care. An example would be providing block time home heath aide services for a palliative care patient.
- Non-Hospice Program This program is agency defined. For example, billing other hospices for the use of beds in your In-Patient facility, keeping track of Community Bereavement (not part of your hospice patients), transitions type programs where you are not billing Medicare Part B etc. Patients are entered into the program just like your hospice/palliative care patients but are not included in the hospice/palliative care census.
mumms Third-Party Interfaces
One of the many benefits of mumms Software is its ability to transfer data to any software program that can import or export data. Hummingbird makes it easy to send information or reports to third-party vendors automatically, eliminating the need for information to be re-entered or faxed. Likewise, information can be imported into Hummingbird.
Don’t see your partner of choice? Let us know and we can easily make an interface happen.
mumms automatically sends all patient demographic information, such as patient name, address, DOB, physician, diagnosis, etc., to the pharmacy benefit manger (PBM) upon admission. During admission, if any information changes, the data is automatically sent as well. Upon discharge, the discharge date information is also sent. In addition to demographics, this interface eliminates the data entry needed to populate Hummingbird with the patient's medication information required for CMS CR 8358 Prescription Reporting in your claims.
Current interfaces include:
- Care Services
- Delta Care Rx
- Enclara Pharmacia
- EHO Rx
- Hospice Pharmacy Solutions
- OnePoint Patient Care
- Optum Hospice Pharmacy Services
- PDC Rx
- ProCare Rx
- Wise Hospice Options
NOTE: Currently, the CAHPS data does not go direct to any vendor. In all cases, the user has to download a report and then upload that report into their CAHPS vendor’s site. This add-on provides the use with the file needed to do this.
mumms is able to interface with any approved CAHPS vendor to customize the report specific to that vendor. The program can also generate a generic file report at no additional cost.
- DSS Research
Vendor interfaces coming soon:
- US Healthcare
mumms automatically sends all patient demographic information, such as patient name, address, date of birth, physician, diagnosis, etc., to the durable medical equipment company (DME) upon admission. During admission, if any information changes, the data is automatically sent as well. Upon discharge, the discharge date information is also sent.
Currently interface with:
This HL7 interface feeds information from Hummingbird to your choice of CRM, which eliminates the need for dual entry and makes it faster to associate patients with their referral source. In addition to patient demographics, Hummingbird’s interface updates referrals and admissions so your sales and marketing team have a quick and easy way to identify patient volumes when meeting with referral sources.
Currently interfacing with:
Multi-View Incorporated (MVI) specializes in benchmarking, management and accounting systems, and management training for the hospice and palliative care community. mumms partners with MVI to ensure that financial and statistical data from mumms will easily integrate with MVI Benchmarking and the CYMA accounting system and eliminate duplicate data entry.
“Our staff like the Hummingbird interface. It does not look dated and it's pretty responsive when pulling things up. Half of my staff are not very tech savvy, and some are very old school, but most have been exposed to different EMRs. Once Hummingbird is on their device, everything is automatic for them, so even the not-so-savvy are doing well. The staff love the interface of mumms and all of them have used other software.”
Owner, San Gabriel Hospice
“One of the biggest things that we have liked so far is the responsiveness of the people at mumms to our questions, for edits to the program, and for listening to our feedback. Listening to our hospice’s actual users and then assisting them has been a huge plus! I also like the accessibility of Hummingbird Mobile, it works great for our busy physicians who, with their phones, can sign orders, review a patient's med list, and patient history, etc. Hummingbird is friendly and simple to navigate!”
Administrator, Harbor Hospice
“The support technicians are fantastic; they are so helpful and efficient and we really appreciate them here. We love mumms, support is always there for us, very user friendly.”
Office Manager, Thomaston Hospice