As Covid-19 overwhelms clinicains, businesses across the country are stepping up to show their gratitude. From offering free drinks to healthcare workers to providing free meditation or online therapy, see how businesses are responding to take care of the healthcare workers who take care of us.
Education and Meditation
- Yale is offering its most popular course, The Science of Well-Being, online for free. You can register to take the course here. – https://www.coursera.org/learn/the-science-of-well-being?ranMID=40328&ranEAID=EHFxW6yx8Uo&ranSiteID=EHFxW6yx8Uo-.uLuPn2MieBhuQZx7IMA2Q&siteID=EHFxW6yx8Uo-.uLuPn2MieBhuQZx7IMA2Q&utm_content=10&utm_medium=partners&utm_source=linkshare&utm_campaign=EHFxW6yx8Uo
- Headspace, one of the leading meditation apps in the US, is offering a free subscription to healthcare workers through the end of 2020 – https://www.headspace.com/health-covid-1
- Intelycare is offering a free COVID19 Training course – https://www.intelycare.com/
- Nurse.com is offering a free COVID-19 Training course – https://www.nurse.com/ce/
- Care.com is offering free one month access to care.com for healthcare professional
Pick Me Ups
- Circle K offering free coffee, tea, and polar pops for healthcare workers and first responders with work ID
- McDonald’s offering a free drink to first responders and healthcare workers with work ID
- Burger King offering a free drink to emergency services, health and social care workers with work ID
- Starbucks is offering a free beverage to healthcare workers
- Talkspace is donating 1,000 months of free online therapy to medical workers fighting COVID-19 – https://www.talkspace.com/
- Starting March 30 on National Doctor’s Day, any doctor, nurse or healthcare worker with an employee ID can pick up as many dozens of glazed doughnuts as they need from any Krispy Kreme drive-thru. Available every Monday through National Nurses Week on May 6th.
- Krispy Kreme is offering healthcare workers a $1 Original Glazed Dozen with any full-priced dozen purchase every Monday until Labor Day, 9/7. This offer is available to those who care for the health of the people in our communities who provide a badge to verify their employment in the industry, including anyone who works at a hospital, as well as physicians, nurses, surgeons, psychologists, dentists, optometrists, pharmacists, and their staff. Limit 4 redemptions per Monday. – https://www.krispykreme.com/
- Free DoorDash DashPass for Hospital Workers ($0 delivery and reduced service fees from participating restaurants
- Visit Chipotle’s Buritto’s for Healthcare Hero’s page on May 6, 2020 at 9:00 am PT to request burritos for your medical facility.
- IHOP is offering 20% off your entire check if you’re a medical, law enforcement, military, and firefighter professional. Just mention this offer when you call-in your order to IHOP. Then, show your Official ID when you pick up your order.
- White Castle is offering free meals at their drive-thru windows through April 30. Healthcare workers and EMTs can go through the drive-thru of any White Castle restaurant to receive one free 1-6 combo meal or breakfast combo by showing their work ID.
Comfort and Supplies
- Crocs announced the launch of “A Free Pair for Healthcare” . Doctors, nurses and every other hero in healthcare can choose from select Crocs Classic Clogs and Crocs At Work styles while supplies last, along with free shipping. There is a maximum each day, so visit the site earlier in the day to claim a pair. https://www.crocs.com/COVID19-
- Otterbox Phone Case: Otterbox phone cases are offering 40% off for frontliners. Email otterbox at email@example.com with a subject line “OtterBox Front-liners” and include the following: Your full name, What country you live in, Job industry, Company name, Job title, Attached photo of your work badge or name tag
- OLAY is offering their FACE ANYTHING Skincaring Kit free of charge for healthcare professionals. If you’re a healthcare professional please reach out to OLAY via social media for your special code. IG: @olay Twitter: @olayskin.
- Adidas is offering 40% off your purchase to medical professionals, first responders, nurses and military members with professional verification via ID.me. – https://www.adidas.com/us/
- Asics is giving medical professional and first responders 60% off all full-priced products in their online store. – https://www.asics.com/us/en-
- Northface is offering healthcare workers 50% off certain non-sale items online and at The North Face-owned retail stores. They’re also offering a 10% discount on non-clearance items in their outlet stores. – https://www.thenorthface.com/
help/the-north-face- healthcare-workers-discount- program.html
- Under Armour is offering 40% off all purchases for first responders and healthcare workers with verification via ID.me – https://www.underarmour.com/